This software is for experienced users only and is offered "as is" and without any guarantee. Orbital Tracker will not be liable for any type of loss or damage of any kind. If you don’t have the experience or the ability to load this software, DO NOT use this software. Orbital Tracker is not responsible for the use or miss-use of this software. USE THIS SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK
** THIS SOFTWARE WILL ONLY WORK ON COMPUTERS WITH WINDOWS 32 BIT VERSION, IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A 62 BIT VERSION. **
The USB drivers must be loaded first in order for your computer to recognize the Tracker Light. This only has to be done one time per computer. The USB drivers support the following Windows OSs: Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 SP4, XP SP2, Vista and Windows 7
This software will allow you to in import your custom Satellite Plan List into your Tracker Light.
The Factory Plan List is the original satellite list for the Tracker Light, this is the list you will customize and import into the Tracker Light
With the TRACKER LIGHT 3.0 you have the ability to manually change satellite parameters, or you can custom upload your own custom satellite parameters.
Please read the software operations manual carefully.
- Install the USB drivers for the TRACKER LIGHT first.
Install USB Drivers for the Tracker Light 3.0.
- Install the "ToolBox.exe" to import your custom Satellite Plan List into the Tracker Light.
If you get the error [Component “MSCOMM32.OCX” or one of its dependencies not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid]
Simply run the ToolBox.exe as an administrator, (right click and run as administrator)
After installing the ToolBox.exe, you will see the "Satellite Finder Firmware" GUI below.
Connect the provided USB cable to the Tracker Light and your PC.
Power on the Tracker Light.
Select the correct Com port; go to "Control Panel" then "Device manager" to determine the correct Com port.
Under the Ports (COM&LPT) item, you will find ‘Prolific USB-to-serial Com Port (COM?)’
Remember the COM port, which you need to set in the “ToolBox” program.
If the Com port is greater than Com port 8, you will need to change it to an available comport less than 8 in the port setting tab, on your "Device Manager"
Selecting the correct com port, we will use 3 as an example.
- Once you selected the correct com port click on the "Open" button, it will go from red color to blue aqua color if the correct com port is selected.
- Click on "Load File" and select Plan_List_ TL3.0
At this point you will be able to edit the list and be able to change parameters. You can delete or add a line by selecting the line you want to delete or add and press "Delete Col" for delete and "Add Col" to add. You can only delete or add one line at a time. After you have finish editing your new list press "Save" to save it and give it a name different than Plan_List_ TL3.0. This will be your new Satellite List.
- Once you have save your new custom list, you will need to import it to your Tracker Light 3.0 meter.
Power off the Tracker Light 3.0 meter.
Hold "Load/Db" button and "Power" button the Tracker Light at the same time.
This will put the Tracker Light into programming mode.
- Click on the "Start" button to start the download. The program will show ‘Download……’ with a blue progress bar.
- Once the download is finish you will see "Download Complete"
- The Tracker Light 3.0 meter will power off after the download finish.
Power on the meter and enter the numbers "9876" This will initialize the meter with the new list and the meter will power off. Power on the meter and it will show the new list.
- After downloading your custom satellite list the Tracker Light will require your longitude and latitude.
- Using the key move the curser to channel number zone. Make sure the measurement zone is blank; otherwise press any numeric key to quit the measurement mode. Press and hold the "0" button on the keyboard for 3 seconds. This will move the cursor to the "USER LONGITUDE" position of the screen. Please look at the figure (above).
- Using the key move curser to "LONG", using or key select the number digit, and enter the number for your Longitude, when the cursor blinks.
- Continuing to press or key to select "E" (East) or "W" (West), press any key from 0 to9 to shift between "E" and "W".
- Using the key move curser to "LAT" enter your Latitude and continuing to press or key until "N" or "S" blinks, press any key from 0 to 9 to shift between "N" and "S".
- Hold “0” for 3 seconds to save and exit.